This summer, the Jean Paul Gaultier Men collection celebrates the 90’s.
Juxtaposition of strong colors plays a graphical game. Block colors are clashing in a bold
attitude with the sophistication of the lace –“ trompe l’oeil ” polka dot – or the happy prints of
the season :
- The Dripping Daisies, with flowers as a firework on a black background, re-interpretation
of a 1995 dress. And as Special Guests, Pierre & Gilles with their famous portrait.
- The Egyptian, with hieroglyphs treated like a comic strip, where pharaohs are wearing kilts
and Breton tops and the cartouches are turned into textile labels.
The Memphis spirit, already inspiring the color cards, can also be found in the geometrical cuts
of clothes worn in superposition, like aprons worn with carrot pants.
Corsetry lacing is used in a sporty way for a bondage effect on pants legs or bombers jackets
sleeves, the sailor stripe is displayed on jersey patchwork on tops or shirts, whilst the kilts are
worn “Summer Style”, open on the front and tied at the waist.
For the evening, the hieroglyphs “get embedded” in studs, or invade the smoking scarf of a
naked back top.
MISS JEAN PAUL GAULTIER
Jean Paul Gaultier organized at the Grand Rex a Beauty Pageant to celebrate his Spring Summer 2015 collection.
The duo Alex Taylor and Madame de Palmay, the great Rossy de Palma impersonating the President of the
French Miss Election Committee, had to decide between :
- the Miss Breton Stripes
- the Miss Madame de Palmay – with chic and graphic tailoring
- the Miss Tour de France – colorful tribute to Yvette Horner
- the Miss Weather Girl – between trench and rainbow
- the Miss WAG – football players Wifes And Girlfriends, wearing Swarovski bandanas
- the Miss Vintages – age before AND beauty
- the Miss Smoking – the deconstructed classicism
- the Miss Lucha Libre – fight for style
- and the Miss Fashion Director.
But who to choose between Grace, Babeth, Suzy, Emmanuelle, Franca or Carine ?
Finally it was Coco Rocha wearing the iconic nude and silver corset dress who was crowned Miss Jean Paul
Gaultier PE 2015.